Sr. Manager, Store Management & Operations (Republic)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a Sr. Manager, Store Management & Operations (Republic) to oversee our artist’s and label stores to ensure best-in-class e-commerce services are regularly achieved and maintained. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to submit ideas and processes for the company to utilize in the future.
The Sr. Manager, Store Management & Operations (Republic) role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and leading the store management team that maintain our artists and label’s e-commerce stores. This role will work cross-functionally with both internal teams and external partners to ensure daily product activations, new store launches and e-commerce campaigns are executed successfully. The Senior E-Commerce Store Manager will be responsible for ensuring their team is routinely updating technical backend features for optimal functionality and store fronts are regularly maintained. This role will also be leading conversations with key stakeholders to offer recommendations to better optimize customer experience and maximize revenue.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations for a select group of high priority & high volume e-commerce shops for our UMG artists and labels
- Manage the training, development, and success of a team of 2-5 store managers and assistant store managers
- Assist in the operations of the top 1-3 revenue e-commerce store(s) across each label group
- Act as the operational leader and subject matter expert within the cross functional team
- Ensure the setup and launch of new artist/label stores, products, and e-commerce campaigns are executed successfully and on schedule
- Update and maintain product info including titles, descriptions, images, etc. within the backend of the e-commerce platform as needed for the top revenue stores
- Ensure the store frontend merchandising, taxonomy, and functionality are optimized for customer experience
- Deliver the timely and successful distribution of digital music for artists and labels for top revenue stores
- Work cross functionally with various internal teams including marketing, tech, and creative services to successfully oversee and execute key campaign moments on storefronts
- Work cross functionally with logistics, order management, and fulfillment teams to ensure timely product delivery and order fulfillment
- Uphold positive working relationships with labels, partners, and third-party vendors
- Collaborate with the customer service team to actively communicate relevant store information in addition to any unexpected issues (i.e. quality, delays, etc.) to ensure they are properly equipped to handle in-bound requests and provide an excellent customer experience
- Analyze weekly inventory, sales reports, and industry trends in order to communicate to clients recommendations to optimize revenue, KPIs, and customer experience
- Monitor, validate, and submit weekly chart reporting data for album scans
- Troubleshoot and effectively problem solve backend and frontend issues as they arise
- Must be available to accommodate business needs outside of standard operating hours, including 1-2 weekends on call per month
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in merchandising, project management, e-commerce, logistics/supply chain, music business, or related field required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership or management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or a Related Field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Office) and Project Management software (Monday.com, Asana)
- Proven record of successful people management and team development
- Experience or working knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory and sales reporting
- Strong retail math and analytical skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter who can complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully work cross functionally with both internal teams and external vendors
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- Easily adjusts to shifting priorities
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Photoshop experience is preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, & Ruby is a plus
- Must be available to accommodate business needs outside of standard operating hours.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.