Jr. Technologist, Content Protection
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group’s Content Protection department operates at the intersection of content creation, marketing, legal, and global fan consumption. We are driven by data and an iterative approach to innovation in protecting artist’s intellectual property and UMG’s monetization strategies worldwide.
As part of our growing team, the Jr. Technologist will help conceive of and develop solutions supporting all UMG labels. They will be joining a team of high-performers working to advance Content Protection through engagement and analysis, and creative problem-solving. The successful candidate will contribute throughout the full software development lifecycle - from ideation to release; they will interface with a diverse range of cross-functional business partners including, but not limited to: IT, Digital Strategy, Supply Chain, Legal, A&R, Production, Marketing, Bravado, and all major social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for the music industry and an intense curiosity in the emerging technologies, data, and consumer platforms that will shape the future of our industry. They will leverage knowledge of front and/or back-end languages to support the development and evolution of internally-developed solutions and cutting-edge partner technologies. The candidate will work alongside the existing development team as well as expert practitioners across UMG’s Tech Org and Business Units; they will learn to thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative working environment where every team member is encouraged to contribute, think independently, and feel empowered to explore new ways of creating value.
- Leverage data to identify cross-functional business value, business objectives and strategic opportunities
- Build dashboards and custom data visualizations for colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Prototype MVP solutions for proofs-of-concepts
- Work in an Agile environment to define requirements, design, code and test applications
- Analyze and report on new products and features, identifying key metrics for success
- Stay abreast of developments in competitive technologies and programming languages
- QA testing for UMG-developed applications and partner-provided technologies
- By working as part of a team, you will develop innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Demonstrable working knowledge of front- and back-end development principles
- Experience researching, querying, and transforming datasets (SQL, MySQL) preferred
- Experience using Python and .js frameworks preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial problem-solving environment
- Be a creative and critical thinker
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.