Are you someone who is highly data literate with an analytical mind and a passion for algorithmic consumption systems?
Universal Music Australia are looking for an Optimisation Analyst for a 3-month contract role in our Universal Strategic Marketing Division.
Universal Strategic Marketing is the division responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening.
The Optimisation Analyst role is a 3-month contract position dedicated to increasing consumption of Universal Music repertoire outside of traditional advertising and promotional activations.
A day in the life of our Optimisation Analyst:
- To apply and test growth tactics across all streaming platforms on set tracks to observe the results.
- Devise and implement a program of controlled consumption experiments to test known and unknown consumption growth tactics.
- Work with Business Planning representatives to monitor and feedback results.
- Implement ‘best practice’ protocol for ongoing process adoption.
- Work with Universal Strategic Marketing colleagues to identify and convey strategies.
- Document and share program results; deliver evaluation reports.
To be the ultimate Optimisation Analyst, you will need:
- Highly data literate with an analytical mind.
- A passion for algorithmic consumption systems with a thorough understanding of their operation.
- Familiarity with metadata and its role in discovery.
- A genuine interest in digital platforms and manipulating their operation.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- 3-5 year’s experience working with a consumption platform in a technical/operational role.
If the above sounds like you, and you have experience in relevant, transformational business, please follow the link to apply. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Us -
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence + The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!