e-Commerce Manager - Recordstore
Job title: e-Commerce Manager - Recordstore
Responsible to: Senior e-Commerce manager
Location of work: Kings Cross 4PS
Music Is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side : A Day In The Life
This role which has responsibility for managing Recordstore eComm store. This will involve working with our frontline labels, 3rd party labels and distributors to deliver a deliver a focused, profitable, and innovative e-Commerce strategy that grows and delivers to both top line and bottom line, driving incremental business for the brand and Label/RO, all in line with eCommerce best practice.
The B Side : Skills & Experience
- Daily store management one of UMUKs biggest e-Commerce retail store brands in line with UMG eComm best practice, managing and maintaining of an always on product music strategy for the brand
- Use your eCommerce commercial and merchandising experience to formulate & execute D2C strategies to drive store awareness and conversions whilst also enhancing the customer experience for an established and successful retail brand
- Day to day operations management of the web store (s), ensuring products are set up, listed, images sourced, prices correct, and products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential
- Merchandising of store pages and departments in line with analytics and data to optimise conversion
- Day to day management of the store interface, ensuring banners, offers and buy buttons are appropriate and effective
- Work with UK e-Commerce supply chain to ensure products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential throughout product life
- Identify new product ranges from catalogue music to monetise the assets of artist/Label/RO across all labels for the brand
- Work closely with an established network of 3rd party labels to secure exclusive product to sell via the Recordstore eComm brand.
- Manage the web store release schedule with the Label/RO contact
- Manage the product and launch schedule for the retail brand
- Work with the Label/RO in delivering sales, stock, and profitability reporting
- Explore new methods for generating revenue via the artist website/web store with 3rd party distributors and labels
- Work with the central e-CRM team and Label/RO Commercial and Marketing departments/contacts to ensure that e-Commerce initiatives are integrated into all marketing/CRM activities
- Work with the Label/RO Marketing and central media agency (buyers and planners) to ensure marketing, paid spend and digital strategies adequately drive traffic and conversion of the e-Commerce brand
- Develop the stores CRM strategy and work with the central e-CRM team to ensure the web store is appropriately marketed to artist and related artist databases
- Manage relationships with our key partners in the e-Commerce space, notably the Labels, brand owners, tech team and finance teams, warehouse team, procurement and merchandise companies, artist managers and ticket agencies
- Reporting of sales trends and store activity to Label/RO contacts and Director of E-commerce, as well as ad hoc presentation of store development
- Be abreast of developments in the e-Commerce area, particularly with regard to other artist store offerings, but in addition, good retailing practice outside of the music industry
- Analyse store conversion date and analytics to drive better data led decisions in the d2c & eCommerce space
- Commercial & analytical approach to business, adept at working and achieving store revenue targets
- Strong understanding of core eComm best practice focused on achieving time delivery to the fan
- Comprehensive understanding of music product commercial opportunities
- Demonstrable eComm management experience, including eComm CMS / admin area to run eComm store fronts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to multitask & prioritise and project manage multiple stores and campaigns
- Good presentation skills
- Flexibility to work hours above the normal working hours if needed.
- Microsoft Excel, powerpoint & Photoshop skills
- Strong eComm retail background, adept at music new release product campaigns and evergreen merchandising of artist webstores
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across UMUK and international territories
- Ability to liaise with third parties, initiate and fulfil initiatives in a proactive manner
- Strong track history of using CRM activity to drive e-Comm sales.
- Basic HTML skills to set up store front end experiences
- Strong communication co-ordination skills, with the ability to management multiple workstreams, often across multiple timezones.
- Knowledge of SEO best practice, Google Analytics and or other major analytics platforms
- Excellent understanding of consumer online experience on various e-commerce platforms
- Strong track history of using data and analytics to make informed commercial decisions
- Paid media experience within a retail brand
- An interest in consumer insight and the impact on product offerings.
- Passion for music and indie / rock music specifically
- Shopify Experience
- Experience of ticketing and live music structure
- Relationships with independent labels and distributors sales teams
- Experience/knowledge of record label process
- E-commerce/Retail experience including fulfilment operations
- Project management tool experience
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.