Analyst, Copyrights Royalties, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking a Bilingual Analyst in its Copyright Royalties Department. The Analyst will, among other things: identify exploitation's of assets, research song ownership, verify and assign copyright ownership splits with internal and external parties as required. The position requires focus, diligence, and accuracy, all accomplished in a fast-paced environment. Analyst must be agile and adaptable, organized and dependable – showing character and care for the work produced. The role also requires ability to cultivate effective relationships with label personnel and other third parties.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Identify all exploitation's of a given asset for each assigned artist/product/schedule (via release schedules or sales files)
- Research song ownership based on preliminary label copy and internal system triggers
- Contact internal and external parties as required to verify copyright ownership splits
- Assign copyright ownership splits and licensing direction to all associated products and sales channels for a given asset
- Maintain contact records and update systems accordingly
- Provide notifications and status reports as required by North American Copyright Royalties policies
- Identify or create & assign royalty accounts for all verified publisher shares
- Other duties as assigned
How You Will Rock Your Role
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish, (read, speak, write), required
- Industry or publishing experience (preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite 2007 or above (all applications)
- Possess strong quantitative, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, bias to action, be perseverant, accountability and learning agility
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Collaborative nature
- Working knowledge of P.C. and mainframe computer systems
- Available to work overtime as needed
- BA Music Industry (preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.