We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an accomplished executive assistant to support the Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to wear multiple hats and independently handle operational/office management tasks for the B&L Affairs team. We need someone who’s a professional, friendly/approachable, with extensive experience supporting senior executives. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines, and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is essential. This role will represent both executives in a positive and professional manner and partner with the executives to help ensure the effectiveness of the function. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, creative and adaptable. The right candidate will also possess a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality and will have experience in supporting a team within a Business & Legal Affairs environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Day-to-day management of the EVP and SVP’s schedule, serve as first point of contact. Also providing support to two other attorneys on the team or on an as needed basis
- Manage relationships with senior corporate executives, staff, partners as well high-level visitors, in person, by telephone, or email
- Manages schedule by planning internal and external meetings, conferences, award presentations, teleconferences, and business travel/expenses
- Provide key support for Executive’s civic and industry commitments
- Oversight of B&L Affairs administrative assistant and filing clerk/additional staff including coordination of schedule and duties, systems used, and time keeping
- Management of interns – creating projects; give direction; assess performance
- Point person for all department heads/departments in regard to attaining contract information, questions, and signings
- Draft, review, and circulate Interscope legal reports to the entire company (IGA), provided on a timely basis and subject to rigorous standards
- Foresee and/or manage risk, conflicts, and problem areas
- Manage and route correspondence; drafts responses and other documents as requested; assist with music organization and distribution as needed
- Draft and proof legal documents and administer execution process
- Creates and maintains effective electronic filing system
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Develop and demonstrate professional knowledge of the music business
- Good letter writing and status report maintenance skills a must, plus strong grammar and organizational skills
- Ability to create efficiency through the use of technology and music-based systems
- Use organizational skills to manage office and time in fast-paced environment and anticipate critical events/Executive’s needs
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior level partners/artists
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage highly confidential information and to act calmly and professionally at all times
- Ability to exercise sound judgment at all times in fluid environment
- Knowledge of DocuSign, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum 5 years executive assistant experience in entertainment, preferably music and/or music publishing
- Legal assistant experience is a plus
- Must be discrete and maintain absolute confidentiality as this position regularly handles sensitive information.
- BA or BS preferred
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.