A&R Manager, RedRecords
AirAsia Group, a leading travel and lifestyle company within Asia Pacific and Universal Music Group (UMG), the world leader in music-based entertainment, launch of RedRecords, an innovative new label partnership focused on signing, developing and breaking new Asian artists and elevating ‘A-pop’ globally to new audiences throughout the region and around the world. RedRecords will focus on discovering and developing talent from Southeast Asia and throughout the wider continent and form a clear and unique sound that reflects the diverse and rich musical culture of the continent.
RedRecords will combine UMG’s industry leading track record in artist development with AirAsia’s regional and global marketing strength to expand A-Pop’s reach beyond national borders and languages to reach audiences around the world. In addition to artist development and A&R, the label will provide distribution and marketing, as well as management and agency services.
RedRecords is in search of an A&R Admin Manager to be employed by RedRecords while based in Kuala Lumpur.
A hugely exciting opportunity to join an innovative new label where the successful candidate will be an intrigual part of the management team.
About this role:
- Drive music to market by closing producer agreements and clearing third party rights
- Oversee all spending related to assigned projects which includes preparing and managing recording budgets
- Manage the day-to-day recording process such as: coordinate studio bookings, equipment rentals, artist travel, etc. Review and submit all invoices for payment.
- Liaison for artist management on all aspects of the recording procedure
- Draft required producer declarations and agreements for all producers/engineers
- Manage mastering
- Create metadata and provide to DSPs
- Maintain relationships on behalf of RedRecords with relevant attorneys, managers, engineers
- Provide timely communication regarding the status of each project (i.e. providing budget projections to A&R, alerting business affairs of legal issues, notifying artist/management of production deadlines, advising senior management of potential project overages or delays).
- Bachelor degree in any field
- 2 years music experience
- Fluent in English
- Managing recording budgets
- Knowledge of landscape of producers / writers / engineers / managers / attorneys
- Familiarity with various types of contracts related to the recording process
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A passion for the record-making process
- Ability to work to deadline and work under pressure
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously