We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family. We are currently seeking a Publicity Coordinator to serve as key component of the team, acting as the administrative support point person for Interscope’s Publicity department
How we LEAD:
Interscope Records is seeking a highly-motived Publicity Coordinator to join their Public Relations team. The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills. Prior marketing or publicity and administrative experience in the music/entertainment field is required.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create and update all one-sheets, timelines, quote sheets, and any other project-related documents
- Create and maintain artist calendars - Collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, etc.
- Provide support to senior members as well as regionals of the publicity team.
- Write, create and distribute pitch letters, press releases, and media rollout campaigns
- Process and manage all incoming invoices and sponsorships; maintain up to date budget reports for each priority single
- Compile and submit vendor registration paperwork. Serve as point of contact between vendor and UMG Finance
- Compile and submit all music for music releases and serve as the contact person for MediaBase and Nielson Soundscan to encode
- Manage Interscope MediaBase account and compile/send reports to staff, artist management teams, vendors, and radio stations as needed.
- Manage and submit all concert/event ticket requests on behalf of the publicity team.
- Obtain and distribute concert tickets to regionals and radio stations
- Work with all regionals and radio stations for promotions, contests, artist appearances to ensure compliance
- Book travel for radio personnel, contest winners. Create and submit eTAs, manage RSVLT paperwork for each station to ensure compliance.
- Obtain necessary internal approvals on as-needed basis with the finance and legal departments
- Coordinate travel for artists and publicity division team
- Draft agreements for music videos and independent contractors, as well as various authorization forms
- Submit and monitor art or video requests to completion for any marketing assets needed (invites, posters, pseudo videos, etc.)
- Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
- Work with PMs and engage third party companies to create, price out, and manufacture any tools or campaigns needed for specific marketing initiatives (ex: promotional items) and oversee their delivery
- Assist with administrative and day to day basic duties including answering phones, maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings
- Record and distribute marketing meeting minutes / organize meetings, music listening sessions
- Any additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- At least two (2) years of marketing/publicity and/or administrative experience in the music/entertainment business
- Strong administrative, organizational and creative skills
- Long term commitment within publicity
- Previous experience with on-site artist interaction
- Strong computer skills: SEO, SEM, Social media, Online Advertising, YouTube, Google and Facebook Analytics, Digital Media savvy, General online marketing knowledge
- Ability to work under high pressure and speed
- Forward-thinking with great social and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Ability to work well with others and keep information highly confidential
- BA Degree in Communications or Publicity or at least two years of internship experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.