.Net Team Lead
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This position is for an outstanding .Net Team Leader. The ideal candidate will be able to work with and lead the existing team, helping to design, architect, plan and document new solutions, such as custom interfaces, API Endpoints and web applications.
Strong communications skills are necessary, along with drive, the ability to work as a team player, and excellent leadership skills, guiding the team with a vision for delivering great work. Candidates will primarily be tasked with the planning, design, development and maintenance of .NET based projects and solutions.
The role will include the planning and creation of suitable documentation, such as functional and technical specifications for .NET-based projects, as well as appropriate architecture (such as hosting environments).
The successful candidate will be actively involved in developing websites, services, and applications, as well as writing code, using the appropriate web technology (.NET), in addition to any requirements for interface (HTML/CSS/Jscript) development.
As a team leader, the successful candidate will be responsible overall for .NET-based projects to ensure smooth delivery, taking ownership of the quality of work from all team members. They will also be required to direct the team, and conduct regular reviews.
Tasks require an in-depth understanding and ability to implement suitable technical processes that support the .NET eco-system for development, including source control, build, testing, and deployment systems.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Work in Agile environment - participate in sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- System design and architecture for .NET projects
- Producing technical documentation for projects, e.g.: Technical specifications or Hosting/Architecture/Network diagrams
- Deliver project code-releases unsupervised and without issue
- Be able to lead in fault-finding and the resolution of issues
- Be first line support for any mission critical or live/production environment issues
- Develop and maintain and ensure team code’s in accordance with defined standards and generally accepted practices
- We expect everyone on our team to present creative solutions to our technology problems
- Make sure code developed is tested and documented by team members. This includes unit testing, system testing, performance testing, and capacity testing
- Design development, testing, and production environments which account for technology stack, security, considerations, performance, and integrations
- Ensure development infrastructure is setup and configured according to company's established best practices. Including areas such as solution structure, source control, continuous integration, and build scripts
- Provide technical consultancy to team members
- Provide guidance and support for.NET team members plus share knowledge amongst the team
- Lead and mentor the development team throughout project lifecycle; lead and contribute to technical decision making on projects
- Support .NET team members in code-releases
- Provide estimations for the development of specific software systems within a project
- Create Wiki posts and other written content to support the technical team and solution for the business
- Identify new areas or methods of development, and lead the .NET team in their implementation
- Enhancements, Maintenance and Support of existing applications
- Hands-on development and prototyping of projects according to specifications and briefs
- Due diligence on the implementation of tasks from both individual work and the .NET team to ensure no regression of code, and maintain the stability of the whole project
- Overall ownership of .NET based solutions for quality assurance purposes
- Ensure that all .NET projects are delivered to the required quality standard by getting QA sign-off from a .NET development perspective ready for UAT
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- Account for time spent on activities using time tracking application
- Proven track record of using .NET Core, C# and Angular
- Proven track record of using Microsoft .NET Stack including Entity Framework and Web API
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience and understanding of GIT or another including branching strategies
- Front-end development HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time and budget
- Passionate, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and interest in all things technology and Internet
- Strong experience using Agile (SCRUM)
- Experience of SQL syntax and SQL Server
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering and functional specification to testing and delivery
- Commercial experience in web application development and / or software development.
- Experience in trouble shooting issues using a variety of tools such as Fiddler
- Jira & Confluence Experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience of designing and developing Public Websites
- Experience of team management (.NET & SQL DBA team members)
- Strong experience of .NET development using C#
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, design, build and support
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
- Strong experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- .NET web services / third party data integrations
- Experience of Using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Music industry royalty/copyright or other media/ entertainment industry participation experience
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.