Project Manager, eCommerce
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
As a Project Manager of e-commerce, you will play a key role in the execution of our e-commerce strategy and delivery of project initiatives across the organization. You’ll work closely with business stakeholders to define and manage project plans across the e-commerce group, overseeing technical and operational teams to help execute.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Plan and lead projects to support and enhance UMG’s technical ecommerce stack
- Design, execute, and report against formal roadmaps and project plans
- Coordinate resources across various technology teams
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of UMG’s e-commerce technology to effectively and efficiently manage projects and prioritize resources. Includes:
- E-commerce Storefronts
- Order management systems
- Product management systems
- API integrations
- Data warehousing and visualization tools
- Deliver high-level reporting to key stakeholders across the group
- Work hand in hand with the VP of Ecommerce and our IT division
- Maintain budget responsibility for projects
- Actively monitor project risks and scope to identify potential problems and proactively address solutions
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of e-commerce business processes.
- Experience with Shopify or similar e-commerce technology systems
- Bachelor’s degree in e-commerce, Business or related disciplines
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects required
- Ability to develop work breakdown structures and detailed project plans
- Ability to develop and communicate project and product roadmaps
- Ability to manage project resources, schedule, issues, risks and communication
- Ability to deliver project status reports and host project office and steering committee calls
- In-depth understanding of technology systems and development
- Initiative and follow-through
- Problem Solving Skills and Critical Thinking
- Goal-oriented professional with a track record of great written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to operate independently
- Proactive, self-starter
- PMI Certification, a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.