Store Manager, eCommerce
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking an Store Manager, eCommerce to work across our artist’s and label stores to ensure best-in-class e-commerce services are regularly achieved and maintained. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to submit ideas and processes for the company to utilize in the future.
The Store Manager, eCommerce role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and holistic wellbeing in support of our west coast artists and label’s e-commerce stores. This role will work cross-functionally with both internal teams and external partners to successfully execute daily product activations, new store launches, and timely receipt and fulfillment of all product and customer orders. The Store Manager, eCommerce will be responsible for ensuring technical backend features are routinely updated and functioning properly and store fronts are regularly maintained in order to optimize customer experience and maximize revenue.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for up to 60+ e-commerce shops for our UMG artists and labels
- Act as the main central resource to support the Senior Store Manager, eCommerce and additional west coast label rosters as needed
- Execute and oversee the setup and launch of new artist/label stores and products
- Update and maintain product info including titles, descriptions, images, etc. within the backend of the eCommerce platform as needed
- Integrate third-party applications and sales channels with external partners to fulfill print-on-demand orders and provide additional revenue opportunities
- Prepare product and/or shipping discounts and execute store-wide sale events as requested
- Ensure the store frontend merchandising, taxonomy, and functionality are optimized for customer experience
- Deliver the timely and successful distribution of digital music for artists and labels
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate product restocks as needed
- Work cross functionally with various internal teams including marketing, tech, and creative services to successfully execute key campaign moments on storefronts
- Work cross functionally with logistics, order management, and fulfillment teams to ensure timely product delivery and order fulfillment
- Uphold positive working relationships with labels, partners, and third-party vendors
- Collaborate with the customer service team to actively communicate relevant store information in addition to any unexpected issues (i.e. quality, delays, etc.) to ensure they are properly equipped to handle in-bound requests and provide an excellent customer experience
- Analyze weekly inventory and sales reports and provide to clients as needed
- Use inventory and sales reports to make recommendations for frontend updates to drive revenue and increase KPIs including conversion and sessions
- Monitor, validate, and submit weekly chart reporting data for album scans
- Evaluate reports in data warehouse in order to investigate and resolve order/fulfillment issues
- Troubleshoot and effectively problem solve backend and frontend issues as they arise
- Available outside of business hours as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in merchandising, project management, e-commerce, logistics/supply chain, music business, or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or a Related Field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Office) and Project Management software (Monday.com, Asana)
- Experience or working knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory and sales reporting
- Strong retail math and analytical skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter who can complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully work cross functionally with both internal teams and external vendors
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- Easily adjusts to shifting priorities
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Photoshop experience is preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, & Ruby is a plus
- Must be available to accommodate business needs outside of standard operating hours.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.