Legal & Business Affairs Officer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world
We are in search of a Legal & Business Affairs Officer to be based in Jakarta.
About this role:
- Draft, review and modify contracts and contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities
- Legal documents handling, assist in securing corporate & business licenses
- Provide current and relevant legal policy, practice and information to relevant functions (advice on statutory compliance)
- Identify and act on emerging legal affairs and changes
- Manage rights protection litigation, working with external Lawyers on cases as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a reputable university
- 1-2 years of working experience (preferably in Law Firm background/ multinational companies)
- English proficiency preferably expertise in legal writing (contract, legal documents)
- Strong and experienced in contract drafting and IP Law
- Having knowledge regarding intellectual property law
- Detail oriented, good organizer and administration skills
- Deep analysis, adaptable to new environment/process, high learnability
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.