IT Asset Management Specialist
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The IT Asset Management Specialist is a member of the IT Asset Management Team, which is responsible for global management of UMG IT hardware assets and software licenses, focusing on proactive software licensing compliance, audits and optimization to drive costs savings. This position contributes in renewing and procuring licenses and associated maintenance, working closely with UMG’s IT Sourcing & Contract Management team.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Track hardware and software assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Analyze and report on hardware and software inventory workflow and data quality.
- Prepare and distribute pre-defined and ad-hoc reports related to hardware and software assets.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain data integrity of the hardware and software asset data.
- Manage UMG’s global software licenses in order to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of Publisher licensing agreements in order to mitigate exposure to financial and legal risks associated with Publisher’s compliance policies.
- Ensure UMG’s asset management solution can accurately count the software license deployments across all UMG’s desktop, laptops and servers/mainframes.
- Input comprehensive and accurate software license entitlement data in UMG’s Software Asset Management tool in order to produce an Effective License Position for UMG’s top Publishers globally.
- Engage and guide business to confirm license requirements, recommend new or existing tools with required functionality, obtain quotes from Software Resellers and coordinate approvals for software purchases.
- Identify potential cost savings opportunities relating to software and support costs and lead remediation and optimization projects across multiple business units.
- Provide support during Publishers audits.
- Work with UMG’s IT Sourcing & Contract Management team to optimize software license maintenance renewals and provide guidance on most favorable terms and models for software license purchases.
- Build a strong working relationship with local IT departments, IT Finance, Sourcing, Legal and other relevant department/teams to ensure software acquisitions, inventory tracking and utilization are understood by all stakeholders and acted upon appropriately.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Detailed knowledge of major software Publisher’s licensing models (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, including Server/Mainframe based licensing including physical, virtual and cloud instances).
- Previous experience with asset management tools (Flexera, SCCM, Casper, etc.), ServiceNow and SharePoint are desirable.
- Strong communication, project management and business process analysis skills.
- Ability to translate licensing terms in Publisher’s contracts and licensing agreements.
- Ability to assess a company’s effective licensing position in order to help identify cost savings opportunities relating to software use and maintenance contracts.
- Customer-focused, with ability to anticipate and support customer needs.
- Ability to strengthen local and global relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Capable of working independently and under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related experience is a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.