Shopify Fullstack Developer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
UMG is looking for a Fullstack Developer and Integrator to build new feature sets and interfaces and to resolve bugs on our Shopify eCommerce stack. The developer will be responsible for architecting and developing custom modules and interfaces for our global Shopify eCommerce stack from top down, standardizing and templatizing where possible and troubleshooting code related issues. This position requires full stack development knowledge and experience in multiple areas and facets of the eCommerce space, beyond Shopify itself, to solution, design, and build for vastly different client problems/goals while using a single set of underlying core technologies.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our Shopify storefronts and interfaces to integral systems and technologies, including but not limited to order management system, warehouses, and financial systems.
- Globalize our Shopify ecosystem by modifying existing Shopify apps and interfaces to meet territory specific requirements or developing new Shopify apps and interfaces as needed.
- Build systems integrations with various other consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech).
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and development and hands-on experience in building large-scale services/distributed systems
- Knowledge of ecommerce technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, OMS, IMS, WMS, credit card processing, tax engine, digital distribution etc.)
- Experienced in:
- Front end frameworks React, Shopify’s Polaris, and jQuery
- Shopify backend and frontend development with a focus on backend – Shopify Plus experience a plus, one or more provable Shopify certifications preferred
- Experience with task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
- Comfort with multiple Linux distributions
- Experience with containerization, docker, docker-compose, swarm, Kubernetes
- Experience integrating with web services (REST, and GraphQL) and third-party libraries
- Data applications using Fetch/AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
- Authentication and authorization technologies a plus: SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Proficiency with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- A strong understanding of database management and performant database design is required.
- Experience working within an agile team
- Experience setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Github, and BitBucket
- Bonus Skills:
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of AWS design and infrastructure
- 2 – 3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Solid understanding of Shopify and general eCommerce and consumer marketing technologies
- Proficiency in responsive design principles and application to visually rich designs across multiple device form factors
- Strong knowledge of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
- Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure, fast-paced agile environment
- Customer-first mentality with ability to empathize and create customer loyalty
- Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay on the cutting edge of web technology
- Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problems
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.