Director, Product Master Data Management
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is looking for a Product Master Data Management Functional lead to join the UMG Operations Team as a Director of Product Master Data. The Director will play a key role in major PLM and SAP implementations across various business units and support ongoing Operations as PLM Super User. The successful candidate will be someone with experience in integrating Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) functionality with Procure to Pay ERP functionality to manage products from assortment setup, Bill of Material creation into an ERP system to enable costing and purchasing processes.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Subject Matter Expertise. Provide highly advanced, experienced based functional knowledge and support for the Product Master Data management from PLM to SAP, including DAM meta data connectivity to the product origination, including Item Setup, Pricing, Supplier Master Data, Procurement and Inventory Management.
- Requirements Definition. Lead, facilitate, and develop others in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. Manage and support maintenance for Hierarchy setups, Vendor Master data, Supplier Costing Standardization, Bill of Material management and overall data accuracy and integrity, Milestone Management and KPI reporting needs. Work with business and IT teams to ensure business requirements are validated, documented to achieve system development and maintenance requirements for optimization.
- Solution Design. Perform detailed analysis of relevant business process requirements to identify potential issues and gaps, and design appropriate system solutions. Identify, interpret, validate and document functional and technical specifications.
- System Configuration. Responsible for hands on data master configuration to support high-quality outputs that meets the overall business requirements for an integrated PLM to multiple Channels of Product Master Data: SAP, Shopify, etc.
- System and User Acceptance Testing. Facilitate all end to end PLM to SAP P2P testing activities. Document functional designs, test cases and results
- Go-Live Training & Support. Provide systems training to UMG Operations and Cross Functional teams, provide go-live and user support as required. This includes validation of master and transaction data to support data migration activities preceding go-live.
- Meet identified objectives and goals and adhere to software development standards
- Perform regular system maintenance tasks, such as implementation of Support Packs, Enhancement Packs, etc.
- Troubleshoot and help manage interfaces to all up and downstream systems such as EDI, PLM and SPW (Planning Workbench)
- Act as a liaison between the business functions and the technical team
- Work self-directed and independently
Bring your VIBE:
- B.S in Computer science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a full product cycle implementation as well as in support and projects.
- Minimum of 5+ years designing and configuring SAP procure to pay modules
- Minimum of 5+ years designing and configuring PLM systems (Centric PLM solutions a plus)
- Experience integrating PLM and ERP systems to enable procure to pay processes from product assortment, item setup, Bill of Material setup to procurement and payment
- Minimum 5+ years of experience of designing organization structure of P2P and material management and setting up related configuration such as valuation area plants, purchase organization, warehouse structure, storage location, etc.
- Strong supply chain and product family knowledge – direct experience with apparel, music, and/or merchandise a plus
- Experience in configuring the document flow for procure to pay, pricing and inventory management
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables and projects at the same time
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others
- Must be results oriented, demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.