Creative Director, Film & TV Music
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Director, Film & TV Music at Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG) will serve as an integral senior member of the Film & TV Music team. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the Universal Music Group catalog, label structure, licensing expertise, organizational, problem solving, leadership and creative skills.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Report to Department head
- Manage and oversee sync placement opportunities for UMG artists
- Creatively pitch, identify and secure new sync opportunities for UMG’s frontline and catalog master recordings to meet yearly revenue goals
- Work closely with the UME marketing and Product Development, UMG frontline label marketing, brand partnerships, as well as other key project stakeholders to create timely sync opportunities around artist releases
- Develop and implement strategy for client outreach, while developing and growing relationships with existing clients.
- Create and execute showcases and special events to introduce artists and engage client community
- Work closely with artists, publishers and artist representatives to ensure sync initiatives align with artist objectives
- Report to and interact on daily basis with senior staff regarding licensing and creative issues
- Create status reports based on marketing initiatives, pitches, deals landed, etc.
- Travel may be required as needed for meetings, events, etc.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervise departmental coordinators assigned to area
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music – genres, eras etc.
- Specific knowledge of Universal Music Group’s artists, labels, history, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, & Windows and Mac
- Excellent organizational, detail-orientation and coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated self-starter, accountable, with strong follow through skills
- Creative spirit with the proven ability to initiate new ideas and convert them into action
- Works well under pressure in fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines
- Exemplary knowledge of music licensing
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a high volume workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Five-Ten years of prior film & TV Licensing and/or entertainment experience required
- College degree required (preferred majors include Marketing, Business, Communications, Music Industry Studies)
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer