Legal Manager (Seoul)
Are you interested in working in the dynamic world of music and entertainment? Does supporting legal matters with your expertise at UMG excite you?
Universal Music Group is seeking a Legal Manager to be based in Seoul.
About the role:
- Provide business-oriented, practical, and timely legal advice and support to management and business teams in Korea
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer commercial agreements and documentations
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications, protect and enforce Company’s rights and interest
- Offer counsel on legal ramifications of significant initiatives, operating as a business partner.
- Manage litigation and dispute resolution and work with external counsel where necessary.
- Keep abreast of changes and potential changes in relevant policies and regulatory environment and keep business stakeholders updated
- Graduated with Law Degree or related courses
- At least 3 years of legal experience gained in private practice and/or in‐house
- Previous experience working for an international company preferred
- Extensive knowledge of commercial law - with entertainment and media related areas a plus
- Great communication skills and ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Korean as professional legal drafting in both languages would be necessary
- Advanced project management skills, problem solving ability, highly analytical and organized
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.