Accountant (1 year contract)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Work closely with shared service centre based in India.
Manage full set of Accounts for 3 legal entities in Malaysia and Singapore.
About this role:
- Manage full set of Accounts for 3 legal entities in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Review journals and financials to ensure that monthly results are reported accurately and timely.
- Review Balance Sheet schedules, Intercompany and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly global statutory reports.
- Prepare and submit reports to local authorities (Government Statistics Dept) and licensing bodies (PPM).
- Handle all company secretarial and bank matters.
- Budget and Forecast preparation for Publishing.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that transactions are booked accurately and timely.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to achieve higher productivity and strong internal control.
- Handle queries and provide information/documents to the Auditors and Tax Agents during annual audit and tax fillings.
- Support the Direct Supervisor on ad-hoc projects.
- Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience; OR
- Diploma in Accounting or LCCI with a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience
- Skills requirement:
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Someone with an inquisitive mind set
- Attention to details
- Good organization skills
- Language: Good command of English, BM.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.