Manager, Commercial Marketing
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry.
How we LEAD:
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop strong relationships and support with DSP/Streaming service programmers (Spotify, Apple, Tidal, etc.) taking direction from the commercial team account leads.
- Research data within UMG’s diverse information services and supply data to the team that will effectively support with pitch delivery.
- Know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful for the commercial team account leads.
- Collaborate and be comfortable with managing accounts in place of the commercial team account leads when necessary.
- Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles.
- Ability to work in a team environment against deadlines and an ever-changing industry
- Act as the account lead for specific accounts.
- Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our partners. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles.
- Partner with digital marketing team for social accounts and assets.
Bring your VIBE:
- Candidates should have at least 1+ years' of experience in commercial marketing within the music industry
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to act as a leader of & advocate
- A relaxed and confident approach to all business relationships internally and externally.
- Must be tech-savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market/industry trends.
- Must be available for after hour meetings, shows, artist and programmer relations.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based evolving workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred not required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.