We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. You will be the administrative point person who will implement all necessary system inputs for forecast and plan submissions. You will complete various presentations summarizing projections and actual results. You will aid in financial analysis, escalate anomalies, suggest action points to the Director. You will be responsible to initiate invoicing requests and maintaining the check register.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Learn and maintain systems expertise across all UMG finance and consumption tools: SAP (and associated add-ins, BPC, EPM, A40), Microstrategy, Domo, FiRR, UMA
- Prepare and/or analyze ad Hoc reports related to financial performance, KPIs and consumer behaviors (ex: cost analyses, market share, profitability, industry trending, vendor studies)
- Request and oversee invoicing in conjunction with Sundry department
- Claim Cash Receipts and Unapplied Revenues
- Maintain Check Register
- Prepare daily album order report
- Prepare Market Share detail from Nielsen
- Maintain ongoing artist roster changes and release schedule changes, as it relates to financial forecast
- Maintain ongoing calendar for finance department deadlines.
Month End Close responsibilities:
- Pull monthly sales detail from system and transfer to local file
- Work with Central Accounting group on any sales and overhead reclasses
- Aid in inventory analysis and reserve/scrap decisions
- Prepare Overhead variance detail reports by cost center and account
- Collate monthly Executive book compiling information across all areas of Sales, P&L, CFFO, Risk/ Opps, Marketshare for UMG Nashville and subsidiaries (SLN)
- Discuss and input changes by artist across all sales types into forecasting system.
- Prepare marketing changes by artist and category for FY projections and input to forecasting system.
- Prepare overhead estimates by cost center and account and input to forecasting system.
- Brainstorm upcoming Risk/ Opps in conjunction with finance team.
- Review and revise plan/forecast driver inputs
- Primary point person for preparing overall corporate Executive Plan presentation and uploading forecasting to systems
Bring your VIBE:
- 2+ years of administration, statistics and/or finance experience
- Strong preference given to familiarity of Financial systems (SAP, HFM)
- Exposure to an environment where internal controls are a high priority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Statistics preferred
- Driven by accuracy of results
- Proven high level of organization and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn fast and retain detailed information and instructions
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish