Designer Menswear Bravado
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength
Versatile Menswear designer with acute sense of fashion and street trend, with ability to build appropriate product to drive sales strategies for all tiers of retail, in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Design and execute all product categories/capsules seasonally in partnership with VP
- Market research – competitive shopping, internet research, new trend research
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages - line sheets, stats, flat
- sketches, artwork/layouts, trims
- Partner with PD & production to source w/ appropriate vendor, select and approve styles,
- materials, trims, colors, with knowledge of pricing parameters
- Lead fit sessions with TD for both proto development and production
- Collaborate with graphics team on art development, adjustments or special requests
- Create cohesive, impactful product presentations to pitch to retailers
- Constant communication and collaboration with cross functional partners
- Manage design approvals/revision requests with artist/brand management
- Demonstrated creative ability, proven design expertise
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), Keynote
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines (multi-task)
- Team player
- Clear communication
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience. Within knitwear & graphic/print experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.