Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Priority Records and Deep Well Records, as well as Capitol Studios and CMG’s independent label services and distribution division, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
We are currently seeking a bright visionary mind to support our current day-to-day needs but ultimately to help shape the future of the music industry at the major label level. The Analyst, Research will be responsible for producing the majority of reporting packages within the Capitol Music Group, while also focusing on Caroline Distribution bespoke data needs. The position requires a general aptitude and skill set to pull and analyse large amounts of data then synthesize them into high-level, digestible recommendations for our Senior Management team.
- Run existing reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for a variety of key artists, departments and labels within CMG/Caroline.
- Work independently to develop ad-hoc reports within our small team of like-minded individuals for a wide range of needs across the organization.
- Suggest and create ongoing enhancements to current and future reporting packages
- Serve as an internal advocate for various data systems by educating others how to independently fullfill their data needs.
- Participate directly in all department discussions around best practices and next steps to help provide the most robust and forward-thinking analysis possible within our industry.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent requests.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite with heavy Excel work required.
- Some coding experience with SQL and/or programming languages: Python, C and R packages.
- An interest in data visualization, high-level presentations and long-range planning/thinking is a plus.
- 2-4 years experience in analysis, forecasting, planning, and/or industry research (preference within music).
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, statistics, computer science or music industry preferred).
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.