Finance Change Manager
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
In our Global Finance Operations organisation you will join a team of experienced business process analysts and will work on the optimization of finance processes, process in/out sourcing transitions, the rollout of the SAP FICO ERP and introduction of various new technologies. During these projects you will work closely with the finance teams in the operating companies of our group around the globe, the outsourced offshore finance teams, the Finance Applications IT group, various other technology departments and the project management office. Through change management principles, techniques and tools, you ensure smooth transitions to new processes and technologies for the finance teams around the globe.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
You will take ownership of all aspects of change management in the Global Finance Operations team and will work closely with the heads of the different process workstreams.
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance
- Own and improve the communication strategy of the department
- Establish and execute training strategies, including “train the trainer”
- Define success metrics and measure performance against these
- Identify risks and mitigation plans for resistance to change
- Regularly provide transparency to project managers on status and progress
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Experience in change management or similar position
- Excellent understanding of change management principles, techniques and tools
- Strong command of English language (second language is desirable)
- Excellent listening, communication and people skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to take ownership of problems and independently find solutions
- Proactive in managing workload
- Able to cope with pressure
- Knowledge of SAP Finance or equivalent
- Understand waterfall and agile project methodologies or equivalent and the role of change management in each of the phases
- Experience in the media / content industry is a bonus
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.