Video Preservation Engineer (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are seeking a Video Preservation Engineer to digitize/transfer video formats held in our extensive archive. The Video Engineer would also undertake asset research and facilitate transfers of less common video formats with external suppliers. The Engineer will work closely with the catalogue commercial team to facilitate access to the content in our archives and to prioritise the digitization of tapes.
The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring transfers meet UMG Global Standards. The Engineer will be sufficiently qualified and skilled to undertake a range of technical tasks whilst maintaining a professional and personable attitude supporting rapid turnaround of research and transfers in a client-focused department.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Prioritising workload and resolving requests in a timely manner under client scrutiny
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, anticipating changing requirements.
- Willing to learn relevant technologies where necessary and develop in the role.
- Self-motivated, conscientious and showing initiative to fulfil tight deadlines; enthusiasm to work as part of the team
- Ability to provide high quality support and customer service to all relevant departments within Universal Music
- Knowledge of file delivery/transfer services and an awareness of data security
- Operational experience in professional video services – including a knowledge of production workflows (preferably in a music industry context)
- Knowledge of current and obsolete video formats, specifications, and associated technologies
- Knowledge of film formats and scanning an advantage
- Working knowledge of video equipment and workstations along with video capture and editing software
- Experience with music recording, DAWs and film also desirable
- Fluent and able to self-support on Mac and PC (most work is carried out on Mac). Fault finding and problems solving skills
- Working knowledge of databases and manipulating data in Excel. Good attention to detail for accurate metadata capture
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.