Senior Vice President, Marketing/ Verve Label Group
Verve Label Group is comprised of some of the greatest label partner imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, ECM, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Jon Batiste, Max Richter, Cynthia Erivo, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank and the Bangas, Andrea Bocelli, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
How we LEAD:
Verve Label Group is currently seeking an experienced SVP of Marketing to manage the Verve Marketing Department.
The SVP of Marketing will be a progressive, dynamic, collaborative team leader who has an insatiable appetite and deep knowledge of marketing artists, albums, songs and playlists in a streaming environment as well as a strong understanding of fan consumption behavior. An energetic individual who has a passion for music and has proven experience in breaking artists. This position will oversee all marketing activities for the artists on Verve, Verve Forecast and impulse! Labels.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead and inspire a team on the development and execution of innovative and impactful marketing campaigns to drive revenue and fan engagement.
- Champion and influence impactful marketing campaigns for our artists.
- Bring an innovative, positive, entrepreneurial and creative passion to the role with an unyielding drive to experiment, learn, analyze, adapt, collaborate and succeed.
- Partner and collaborate closely with the sales-led account relationships to develop revenue opportunities and ensure our marketing strategies are relevant and applicable to each account.
- Inspire and further cultivate a digital skill-set and mindset within the marketing team which is reflected in all marketing activations, digital media and partnerships as well as paid media.
- Integrate data and analytics into the culture of the marketing team to ensure KPIs are consistently set and measured and to ensure data is integrated into the decision-making process.
- Drive accountability for managing marketing spend and project budgets.
- Partner as a thoughtful member of the senior leadership team and collaborate with other departments to drive the business forward and accelerate revenue growth for our artists and the label.
Bring your VIBE:
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience - ideally coming from a music label, technology or similar entertainment field.
- Deep passion and knowledge of music, artists and technology and a strong understanding of how & where fans engage with songs, albums, playlists and artists.
- Collaborative personality who is comfortable with change and has a contagious hunger to learn and experiment.
- Exceptional people management skills as well as the ability to inspire, prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence and delegate while working under stressful and demanding situations.
- Ability to think independently and create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements.
- Well organized with exceptionally strong communications skills that are adaptable to different personality styles and situations.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.