Vice President, Commercial Marketing/Partnerships (DSP's)
Vice President, Commercial Marketing - Motown
Motown is a beacon of transformative, inter-generational success guided by forward-thinking leaders who have introduced the world to some of the most iconic songs and artists in history. From supporting the dreams of Black artists to inspiring and empowering entrepreneurs whose focus and dedication to great artists, great songs, artist development, hard-work, shattering barriers and limitless dreams are always at the heart of all that they do – Motown will always be the place where Black dreamers are supported and protected, dreams are achieved, and the sound of youth culture is cultivated around the globe.
Motown is looking for a Vice President of Commercial Marketing. This account lead role will focus on Commercial Partners (i.e. Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, Amazon, etc.). An ideal candidate should have exceptional understanding and experience in the commercial streaming and digital space to lead and support Motown’s commerce efforts. This person must have solid knowledge behind setting up releases, including logistics as well as the marketing and visibility aspects critical to each release. Strong relationships with key executives at commercial partners is crucial. Ability to think out of the box and evolve current commerce strategies is a must. Exceptional communication around Motown plans and objections, both to internal label departments and to platform partners is paramount.
Oversee Account Partnerships by:
- Lead and liaise commercial strategy by communicating between label (Motown), artist/management and broader commercial team
- Work with Shared Services Commerce team to optimize partner platform for Motown commercial releases with primary focus on front-line, on-roster and catalog artist releases
- Create commercial strategy for all Motown releases to optimize marketing opportunities that drive and maximize revenue
- Strategize and coordinate release strategies with other internal account resources (i.e. streaming/playlist leads, catalog leads, eCommerce team, etc)
- Augment Motown’s education on account best practices, marketing opportunities, platform features, etc.
- Drive critical analysis of Digital Partnerships to maximize opportunities focused on driving revenue
- Use data to drive appropriate release strategy and to levergage for opportunities that impact
- Communicate partner platform strategies, placements and programs to artist management and Motown label partners
- Build deep account relationships in order to create new opportunities that take advantage of broader platform offers
- Set account goals including yearly revenue targets for Motown
- Optimize catalogue/ frontline playlists; implement strategies to achieve/exceed growth, engagement, retention goals
- Effectively communicate insights, analysis, opportunities, and recommendations with partners to improve our mutual businesses.
- Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the streaming partners
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, opportunities, and other account activities to Motown, and their label and artist partners
Manage Partner Development by:
- Optimize revenue and marketing offers through platforms and partner programs
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships with our accounts
- Implement Digital Strategy projects and plans
- Lead center driven and cross-partner initiatives (Coordinating lean-in efforts with multiple internal and external teams)
- Create and maintain strong relationships with DSP’s/Labels/Management/Etc.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 9+ years’ experience in business operations, sales and marketing experience at music media company, digital partner or a related digital content industry.
- Experience dealing with commercial platforms and DSP’s as well as content and repertoire owners
- Expertise with all commercial models within the digital landscape, including streaming, social media and user-generated content models
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and platforms, consumer trends and product consumption in the evolving music industry
- Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media and content marketing strategy coupled with the ability to communicate strategy, drive artist growth and maximize revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on executive-level presentation skills, relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
- Meticulous attention to detail and follows through
- Extremely well-organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
- BA 4-year college, or similar education level a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.