Coordinator, NA Royalty
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
The position will have process ownership and responsibility for royalty income processing, including statement reconciliation, file management, relationship engagement, and source expertise.
The position will be responsible for handling assigned duties within a deadline-sensitive environment, exhibiting assignment expertise, and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally, reporting to the team’s Sr. Manager, NA Royalty.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Own the responsibility of processing key income statements and distributions as part of the North American Royalty team at UMPG, reporting to the team’s Senior Manager and ultimately team Director.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base and ownership of assigned income sources including payment schedule, file layout details, unique source processing steps, and a strong relationship with income source contacts.
- Be consistent and cognizant in defining and maintaining a high standard for Global administration as a representative for the largest territory in UMPG’s Global system.
- Support the team’s technology development including testing and source interface implementation.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting on an as-needed basis.
- Partner with the NA Analytics team to strengthen the territory’s ownership and understanding of all territory data in processing and reporting, to clients both external and internal.
- Maintain strong relationships with counterparts in the Global Data Services, Global Royalty, Analytics, I.T., and Finance teams among others.
Bring your VIBE:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in publishing administration, royalty processing, or industry-related exposure.
- A desire and ability to drive the evolution of UMPG’s administration systems and processes beyond their current capacity and set a new global industry standard.
- The goal of growing a career in music rights administration.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Music Business, Information Systems, or related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish