VP, Digital Strategy, APAC
At Universal Music Group (EURONEXT: UMG), we exist to shape culture through the power of artistry. UMG is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content. Featuring the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans. For more information, visit www.universalmusic.com.
We are currently seeking a talented VP of Digital Strategy to join our Global Digital Strategy Team.
The Vice President will play an integral part in supporting strategy formulation, fostering strong communication between the central team and the region, gathering and synthesizing market requirements on major global deals, aligning global strategy with local deal-making and taking ownership of the regional deal approval process. The executive will serve as an internal consultant and advise on digital market development opportunities.
- Maintain key global partner relationships and find new ways to drive UMG revenues and create opportunities on new and existing platforms, ensuring consistency between the global and local relationships
- Develop strong communication process of global digital strategy from the center to markets and feedback regional requirements to global negotiations
- Communicate and evaluate deals, both completed and in process, to key stakeholders within UMG and to senior management
- Lead deal negotiation and collaborate with various internal teams at all stages of the deal
- Oversee regional deal approval process and ensure the deals follow global precedents without missing local subtleties
- Support local and regional teams on digital strategy and deal-making
- Develop expertise and fluency in local markets to assist in crafting global digital strategy
- Identify, define, and analyze best practices in local markets and ensure that such information is flowing to other regions and to the center
- Identify, plan, and execute new strategic opportunities to help drive long-term growth
- Partner with regional/local teams to assess emergent companies interested in commercially exploiting UMG content
- Proven stakeholder management with the ability to build strong, successful relationships founded on collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience
- Fluent in Mandarin or a local Asian language preferred
- Exceptional analytical and negotiation skills
- Big thinker with extensive digital/platform knowledge, including a strong understanding of emerging technologies and how they are evolving and relevant
- Demonstrated experience in long/mid-term market development
- Motivated by innovation, excellence and a competitive spirit that inspires the creation of strategies that lead the industry
- Results driven with a relentless desire to accomplish something great
- High degree of comfort operating independently and remotely
- Sensitive to local cultures and nuances
- Music industry experience preferred
- Understanding of APAC region preferred, including digital trends, digital platforms, consumers, and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA Preferred