Vice President, Marketing, Universal Production Music (UPM)
Vice President, Marketing (UPM)
Universal Production Music (UPM), a leading provider of production music for use in television, film, advertising, and interactive media is looking for a Vice President, Marketing (VPM) to be based in its Santa Monica, California headquarters. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the VPM will drive the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing philosophy and business strategy for UPM. The position oversees the organization’s branding, digital & traditional marketing, event planning, public relations and community outreach programs including customer acquisition, customer relationship, analytics, and business performance management.
The ideal candidate should have a history of successfully implementing global, unique and innovative digital marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will also be a strategic thinker with strong operational capabilities, be results and outcome-oriented, a creative problem solver, highly collaborative, and be able to drive cultural transformation within the business, with a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive and polished, digital marketing strategy with a customer first mindset and execute a sophisticated marketing plan, while effectively managing brand and reputational risk, to ensure the internal and external brand is optimally aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives and objectives
- Will set global marketing strategy and vision for, and guidelines to promote and protect our “Brands.”
- Provide ongoing tracking, measurement, KPI, and ROI analysis for the team’s marketing initiatives and campaigns to provide clear, actionable insights
- Ensure each brand or label in the portfolio has an ownable positioning strategy and is communicated in a compelling and consistent manner across all channels and touchpoints.
- Ensure the delivery of market research, business intelligence, consumer insights, and reporting required to guide executive-level decision-making
- Spearhead the creation and maintenance of the organization's digital footprint, while effectively utilizing SEO, SEM
- Deploy and optimize a cutting-edge marketing automation stack to ensure scalable and cost-effective marketing operations processes with demonstrable ROI
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Work with sales and development and customer success teams to develop and execute plans
- Create and present the annual marketing plan and strategy with P&L responsibility for marketing budgets
- Develop compelling value propositions that drive distinct competitive advantages for selling new and existing products as well as expanding utilization within the existing client base
- Create and implement innovative multi-channel acquisition strategies & campaigns via strong collaboration with content, sales, and technical teams
Bring Your Vibe:
Requirements and qualifications:
- 10+ years successful, creative, innovative, and out of the box- big picture thinking in digital marketing or communications, overseeing marketing and brand strategy and creative deliverables, with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability in a goal-oriented setting in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Able to demonstrate success in roles with global scope, selling to customers across multiple geographies In-depth knowledge of big data analysis with experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HubSpot, WebTrends, Salesforce, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing brand strategy, media, digital/e-commerce, social media, creative development, customer acquisition and retention
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g., social media) and non-digital (e.g., press) channels
- Track record of responsibilities of an annual budget with excellent performance metrics, driving compelling creative campaigns across digital channels
- Persuasive, collaborative - able to work across multiple stakeholders and demonstrated success building and maintaining relationships, fostering an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and trust, with personal integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willingness to challenge the status quo in our highly disrupted business environment and move quickly to test and learn new strategies and tactics. This also relates to a level of resourcefulness and proven ability to do a lot with a little.
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Additional marketing and professional certifications are a plus
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and occasional overnight travel may be required from time to time. Attend and participate in conventions and conferences as requested by executive management. Possible EU travel
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.