Executive Assistant - Business & Legal Affairs
Universal Music Group is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to a senior UMG Executive.
The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and have experience supporting at the EVP level or above, with a high level of discretion and confidentiality. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. Multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high pressure environment is crucial. Must be a master scheduler. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Serve as first point of contact to the Executive
- Maintain appointment schedule; planning, updates, and notifications as necessary
- Answer all incoming calls; take and log messages as needed; ensure that messages are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion
- Foresee and/or manage risk, conflicts, and problem areas
- Ensure that reports are effective, provided on a timely basis and subject to rigorous standards
- Arrange all travel plans
- Manage incoming mail and correspondence
- Process expense reports, ensuring that the correct coding is used; resolve payment issues
- Create and maintain effective electronic filing system
- Good letter writing and status report maintenance skills a must, plus strong grammar and organizational skills
- Committed, willing to learn & flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Able to Multi-task and have excellent follow-through
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures and work under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information a must
- At least 5 years of solid Executive Assistant experience supporting high level executives (within entertainment preferred)
- Strong computer skills required: typing skills of 60 wpm; PC experience (proficiency in MSWord & Excel, familiarity w/PowerPoint)
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.