UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
The Audience Development team is at the heart of UMC’s work to grow bigger, more engaged global audiences for our artists and their catalogues. Developing long-term creative digital plans, informed by clear audience insights, to grow listening over time.
Main purpose of the role:
UMC are looking for an insightful and entrepreneurial Analytics Translator to work within the Audience Development team to identify opportunities where data can have the biggest impact, championing the adoption of best practice and smarter measurement.
General / regular duties:
- Insight & Application
- Lead the adoption of effective data solutions within the team.
- Define systems, recommend tools and manage the team’s overall data strategy.
- Manage the application of data and insight as part of a project team.
- Partner with data specialists who reside in UMG paid media, insight and other labels.
- Business Development
- Identify and prioritise the business problems where data can make a measurable difference.
- Construct a long-term plan to effect positive change within the label.
- Be a data evangelist within the label, encouraging others to be better informed using data.
- Liaise with central UMG data teams and ensure their support is relevant & actionable.
- Define success metrics and help prove the efficacy of our work.
- Delve deeper into performance data and explain how we can replicate success.
- Craft simple and clear reporting templates, and take the lead in ongoing analysis.
- Visualise and present analysis to the team, label and artists/management.
- Highly numerate with the ability to uncover patterns, trends and stories within data.
- An understanding of the techniques and technologies of data science.
- Organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and able to prioritise the workload of a team, while delivering personal project work.
- Excellent project management, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business.
- Good presentation skills to sell in creative ideas to the label, artists and management.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and willing to work outside of work hours when necessary to ensure successful delivery.
- Self-motivated and passionate about music.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.