We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Administrative Assistant to support a Senior Executive. The ideal candidate will have supported at the SVP level or higher, and have great judgment with discretion and confidentiality, as well as the ability to manage projects and deadlines.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the executive’s desk and daily schedule, including answering phones, manage itineraries, meetings and events, maintaining contact to inform them of upcoming appointments and meetings; Identify key issues and prioritizing the schedule accordingly
- Coordinate the logistics of Meetings, Conference Calls and Video Conferences
- Greet meeting participants
- Work closely with the Leadership team to provide seamless support to the Executive
- Manage and execute various travel arrangements and process travel & entertainment expenses
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Manage all vendor setup in Uniport & ensure all departmental invoices are paid in timely manner, as well as process rush payments and setup
- Regularly monitor industry news and send relevant clips to the team
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting at the SVP level or higher
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies with which we do business
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Run presentations and trouble shoot technical challenges
- Managed budget
- Must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.