Administrative Assistant, Business Affairs
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Enterprises is seeking an Administrative Assistant that will support the Executive and the day-to-day operations of UMe's Business Affairs team, including the UMe in-house attorneys.
Discretion, confidentiality and good judgment are essential for this role. The candidate must be efficient and time-sensitive, and will need to perform always with painstaking attention to detail. Multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines is often necessary.
In respect of paralegal tasks, the candidate will be expected, under attorney and/or senior staff direction, to prepare simple legal documents for review and to assist in the management of legal documentation, also under attorney and/or senior staff direction.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Coordinate & prioritize meetings involving UMe Business Affairs staff
- Phone answering and message taking as required
- Responsible for processing payments in “Uniport” (an online payment system for which the assistant will be trained)
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email/Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Greet and direct internal/external Business Affairs meeting participants
- Book travel, accommodations, car services & process Travel & Entertainment expenses
- Create, send, receive and distribute internal/external company communications
- UMe Business Affairs filing in coordination with other UMe Business Affairs filers
- Special projects as needed
- Research agreements relevant to simple legal documents to be prepared under attorney/senior staff supervision
- Maintain and organize files, including all relevant correspondence
- Maintain relevant files in the computer-based systems
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelors Degree and entry level paralegal equivalent experience
- Music/Entertainment Industry experience (legal-related experience preferred)
- Familiarity with business process workflows (i.e. following a pre-defined business process , understanding how one’s role helps to achieve the overall objective)
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with UMG employees at all levels, including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of parties with whom UMG does business
- Self-motivated, pro-active and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and close attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stay on top of multiple initiatives at one time
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.