Post Production Specialist
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Operations Coordinator will help assist the A&R department, A&R Post-production, and Administration teams in day-to-day operational tasks associated with our CCMG artist and writer projects..
How you’ll CREATE:
- Monitor budgets and schedules for contracted mix and mastering engineers on projects with our Creative and Worship Together teams
- Assist A&R in managing the recording and post-production process to best ensure timely delivery, on budget recordings, artist satisfaction and commercial viability on ancillary and creative projects
- Help A&R with scheduling Atmos mixing and mastering studios on various projects
- Coordinate scheduling and booking of the recording and writing studios at CCMG for our artists and writers
- Work with A&R Post-production team to ensure studios are operating at proper capacity
- Assist our Creative Publishing team and post-production team with archival and demo support of songs from our writers and artists
- Maintain a professional, consistent, ethical style of operation, operating with integrity within our company, the creative community and with our artists
- Attend regular A&R, staff, scheduling, promotions, marketing, and creative meetings to ensure strong communication with the entire label team
- Assist A&R Administration in securing lyrics, writer splits, musician credits and all other necessary label copy for each recording
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to balance and prioritize daily responsibilities and projects work in a fast-paced environment
- Agile and flexible with ability to easily adapt to change
- Knowledge of the Christian music industry is a plus
- Understanding the song writing process is preferred
- General knowledge of studio production
- Strong communication skills
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the commercial music industry
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
“TN employees will work from home and although the state does not allow us to ask for vaccination status, the company currently does have a vaccination policy to work in our offices.”
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish