Director, Commercial Partnerships
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Director, Commercial Partnerships will manage the business plan for designated high volume/ high visibility digital partners, including development and execution of sales and marketing campaigns and goals. This person will manage excellent relationships with digital partners, be able to hit sales/streaming objectives and create incremental sales objectives and opportunities. Sales and marketing will involve all facets of UMG digital and mobile products.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Primary liaison between UMG/Labels and business-critical partner to properly align UMG content with partner opportunities
- Identify, prioritize, and lead development that drives revenue with UMG business partners. This includes creating progressive marketing plans, advertising strategies, and innovating new operations and processes
- Solicit, market and pitch new releases, catalog initiatives, and product lines
- Manage revenue activities relating to the company and department goals
- Using analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
- Communicate trends, success, opportunities, and recommendations to UMG senior stakeholders and label partners
- Successfully manage relationships and shared goals with home office, labels, and marketing team
- Create, communicate, maintain and enforce business rules, standards, and best practices.
- Solicit, understand, distill and distribute partner’s product, marketing, sales, technology, and operational updates.
- Oversee promotional opportunities with partners (advertising, merchandising, marketing, retail partnership activities)
- Successfully manage relationships with partners including verification of product delivery, punctual reporting, and on-going partnership maintenance
- Enhance and improve day-to-day operations with a focus on creating efficiencies and driving incremental revenue
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business operations, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
- Experience in client services and/or partner relationship management
- Experience managing and directing a team
- Solid understanding of digital consumer trends, streaming market, tech innovation and a strong knowledge of the evolving music industry
- Strong customer service skills and ability to thrive through a partnership
- Understanding and application of social media, advertising, analytics, and content marketing strategy
- Ability to think creatively while simultaneously being solution-oriented to drive results
- Solid understanding of finance, including being comfortable with navigating P&L’s
- Ability to analyze data and navigate complex systems
- Proven project management skills where you have executed strategic and operational initiatives across multiple teams
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translate to all levels in the company
- Experience in partnering with and advising senior stakeholders
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Willingness to thrive in a high paced / high stakes environment.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.