Director of Streaming Content
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world. As an industry leader, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team and continue to drive our company forward.
Streaming Marketing is currently seeking a passionate music devotee to join us as Director of Streaming Content. You will be responsible for overseeing the operations of content initiatives in a wide range of genres both frontline & catalogue. The position requires familiarity with Label/Partner Relations, Streaming, Strategy, Data/analysis. Ideally, a Programming, Marketing, Supply Chain and/or Radio background is preferred.
- All-encompassing global oversight of content from concept, pre-release approvals through to post release reporting, while adjusting project strategy based on results:
- Development, Business Strategy and Operational Protocols
- Oversee content in daily operations
- Expand the reach, volume, and revenue of the content with full digital distribution
- Develop and maintain department documents and data reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions to drive growth
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to partners, executives and management
- Be creative, innovative, with strong organizational, detail and time management skills, with an understanding of prioritization and follow-through
- Position requires adaptability, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, high- pressure environment
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all materials and information
- Ability to travel as position requires some travel as directed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Label/Partner Relations, Programming, Streaming, Digital Marketing, Radio, Television, or elsewhere within the entertainment industry
- Advanced Excel/Microsoft Suite user
- Candidate should have a Music Business background, and strong sense of pop culture and trends
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.