Customer Services Advisor
Job title: Customer Services Advisor
Responsible to: Customer Team Leader
Department: SCM UK
Location of work: Milton Keynes
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Our Ecommerce Platform continues to grow year on year where customers are ordering music and merchandise from us via their favourite artists Official Store including CD’s, vinyl, t-shirts and exclusive signed items to name a few! We pride ourselves in offering customers a great customer experience when ordering from us and we want to offer great customer service in the event they do need to contact us with regards to their order.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Resolve Customer Queries – access Universal Music’s inbox software to answer customer emails, live chat, and other social interactions in a friendly, polite, and timely manner – resolving issues, advising on products, tracking parcels, or a multitude of other varied and surprising questions.
- Utilise UMG systems – Generate replacement customer orders, arrange refunds, log activity on sheets, track orders, offer advice and keep our customers informed of what you have done on their behalf.
- Liaise with colleagues across departments – communicate with warehouse, store managers, technical support, or other colleagues to resolve customer issues.
- Provide personable and individual customer service – respond to customers in your own individual way to provide, high-quality, and bespoke customer service.
- Support CS team – assist fellow CS advisors with trickier queries and mentor newer colleagues.
- Customer obsessed. A good understanding of what makes excellent customer service.
- Proven experience in a digital omnichannel customer service contact centre.
- Comprehensive PC skills, email and messaging programmes, and other IT systems (preferably Zendesk).
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Problem solving and understanding of when to escalate problems or offer more to resolve.
- The flexibility to work shifts, including some weekends.
- Zendesk or ticket-based resolution similar software experience
- Shopify or order management software experience
- Ability to speak with customers and resolve order queries across multiple channels, email, customer tickets, live chat & social media
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.