Executive Assistant, Motown
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
This Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the President of Motown Records located in Hollywood, CA. The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and have experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality. Must be very efficient and highly detail oriented. Multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential. In this vital role, you will serve as the right arm to the President as well as provide overflow support to the team and overall company. Your honed organizational and communication skills will be on full display as you work to facilitate seamless administrative functions and maximize productivity. The primary goals are to leverage the President’s time and manage a productive office environment.
- Provide high-quality administrative support in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Manage calendars and appointments with an understanding of business priorities
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Assist President to maintain timely and effective internal and external communications
- Handle administrative details and routine issues independently, and take responsibility for completing these on time, to a high quality
- Anticipate and coordinate executive’s point-to-point travel needs(accommodations and car service) as well as processing entertainment expenses
- Manage logistics for meetings and arrange other internal/external meetings as necessary
- Schedule staff meetings and oversee arrangements for meeting space
- Conduct research on request and maintain a general awareness of industry trends, entertainment news and social media, talent and competitive environment
- Will be a team player and cover for others as needed
- Archive emails, maintain current/prospective labels electronic folders
- Act as the liaison between executives and departments/employees.
- Assist with company correspondence (i.e. company-wide emails, process office/employee requests and needs).
- Special projects as assigned
- Ad hoc duties
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, take initiative, meet deadlines of assignments and be flexible/adaptable to work well under pressure
- Strong service orientation and sensitivity in responding to customer needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across all levels of company
- High degree of integrity, a positive attitude and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Contribute to the energetic and fun culture of our team, while remaining professional
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- 10+ years of related experience providing C-Suite administrative support and/or office management
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Prior personnel management experience
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.