Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Spinnup is a forward-looking, disruptive part of Universal Music, the world’s biggest group of record labels. As a digital distribution platform, unsigned artists use Spinnup to distribute their music to music services like Spotify and Apple Music.
We are pioneers of data-driven talent discovery and our core values are around helping artists develop and giving them a path into the industry. We pay artists 100% of the royalties they earn and are passionate about helping them go further.
We have a rare opportunity for a new automation tester to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding new musicians. Your contributions will help talented new musicians make their music, upload it, monitor their streaming, sales and social media performance, promote themselves online and manage their catalogue.
As the ideal candidate, you will take ownership for the creation of the Spinnup automation testing framework and leads its implementation to streamline the testing process. You will also lead and coordinate the testing of software produced by the project delivery team, ensuring quality standards are met for any changes deployed. You will be testing across web and mobile environments and much be happy interacting with member across our whole development team. You will be the advocate for QA best practices and lead initiatives such as automation.
You will ensure that the Spinnup software deliveries, either internally or externally by a third party, comply with the requirements and the expected quality standards.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Set up and implement test automation framework
- Write and execute automation tests
- Able to run and manage appropriate tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met
- Functional test planning, preparation and execution including experience of test design techniques
- Managing and executing non-functional tests such as UI testing
- Working closely with developers on QA during development and deployment
- Document automation testing process
- Understand and able to identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use
- Able to communicate defects or trends clearly to the development team, outlining how defects are identified, their possible causes and help prioritise them based on defect severity
- Able to design and execute a wide range of testing techniques
- Able to execute non-functional test scenarios and raise defects
- Can run non-functional tests others have written and knows the processes to do so
- Able to advise others on testing techniques and frameworks
- Able to research, plan and train others within the team
- Proactive with the ability to occasionally work within short timeframes under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt
- Knowledge of Agile / Waterfall
- Familiar with tools such as Jira and Confluence
- A passionate interest in new technologies, digital and the entertainment industry
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.