Back-End Software Developer
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
As a Backend Software Developer, you pride yourself in constructing the scaffolding that extraordinary innovations are built upon. You use your understanding of technology to analyze requirements, optimize processes, and ultimately, create a more seamless experience for users. You have a background in server-side software development working with APIs, frameworks, and workflow orchestration.
You’re able to scrutinize documentation and requirements, and participate in the overall development process, to the means of creating a more robust and better-integrated product. You document your efforts well, and are at home providing collaboration, assistance, and guidance to the consumers of your creations.
Overall, you are producing the business logic, underlying services, software pipelines, and APIs that make up large-scale technological solutions. A successful candidate will be working within a fast-paced and dynamic team with a presence spread throughout the organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create and maintain SaaS frameworks and components, for use throughout the entire technology team
- Create and maintain automated services, processing data in the multi-terabyte scale, to support business processes
- Integrate with APIs and external data sources to supplement and enhance core data
- Collaborating and communicating with Frontend Consumers, and DevOps, supporting business processes as a whole
- Participate in the development process from start to finish, including understanding requirements, architecture discussions, and peer review, working under an Agile environment.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3 or more years of experience in backend software development
- Undergraduate (or vocational) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Proficient in multiple programming languages, particularly Go and C#.
- Knowledgeable in Remote API technologies (RPC, REST, CRUD, etc.)
- Experience with design of SaaS applications and workflow orchestration (Camunda, Cadence, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of and practical experience with SQL and\or NoSQL and big data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, SQL Server, Cassandra, Postgres, HBase, Couchbase)
- Understanding of deploying services in within Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Very comfortable and proficient with DbC, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Experience in a fast-paced, professional services environment is a decided advantage
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- And much more
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.