Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The A Side: A Day in The Life
One of the beauties of a PM role at UMOD is that truly no days are the same, and you are required to work across a very broad spectrum of projects musically and therefore target market wise, so it challenges you to be a very adaptable marketer.
Typically, a PM will spend their days progressing their releases through the production timeline, from conception or signing, through all the creative elements and finessing the finished product to (digital or physical) to retail and streaming partners.
There is a lot of team co-ordination, syncing the efforts and results of production, design, radio, TV, press, digital, the media agency, and probably most crucially, your assistant, who will help you manage each step of this process.
You will be required to discuss your work and developments at several meetings through the week: Chart meeting, Streaming meeting, Retail presentation, Planning meeting and Media meeting.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
- Initiate, plan and co-ordinate all aspects of Creative and Marketing Campaigns for upcoming releases to designated artists / projects.
- Devise clever and innovative marketing strategies.
- Work on high profile, full multi-media marketing mix, high budget artist and compilation album projects.
- Devise single promotion and marketing strategies for tracks and artists signed though Spin-up, our digital distribution platform for independent artists.
- Produce and present promotional ideas for each artist / project.
- Co-ordinate activities around record releases (press, promo, digital).
- Instigate photo sessions and sleeve design.
- Work closely with the creative department on photo and video shoots.
- Get visuals agreed and approved on a creative and practical level by artists and label.
- Initiate seek approval and execute creation of special packaging formats.
- Liaise very closely with the Sales department regarding marketing campaigns to ensure widest possible exposure at retail.
- Brief creative agencies to develop unique, impactful campaigns for TV, print and radio.
- Work closely with media buying agency to devise cost effective and well-targeted media campaigns.
- Develop creative vision for the long-term future of your roster of artists / projects.
- Submit costed marketing plans for approval and manage campaign within agreed budgetary limits.
- Ensure all information is accurately communicated to all departments regarding strategy, release plans, changes, developments etc.
- Work closely with the Digital teams to ensure coverage across all digital platforms.
- Build and manage artist databases.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with the General Manager, MD, other Product Managers and Assistants - highlighting issues in a timely fashion and utilising internal resources to maximise effectiveness of campaign.
- strong communication skills – both verbal and written- positive attitude, creative, analytical, detail orientated and above all mindfulness is vital.
- Creative ideas and solutions.
- Marked interest in digital.
- Passion for music.
- Team player.
- Computer literate – proficient in Word, Excel and a presentation application.
- Commercially focused.
- Highly motivated.
- Disciplined and organised – excellent time management skills.
- Desire and ability to drive projects – from inception to completion.
- Preferably at least Junior Product Manager level within a music marketing context.
- Flexible and capable of juggling responsibilities.
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster.
- Ability to stay ahead of the game.
- Previous experience of working high profile acts / projects (UK and International).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience working within a label environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
Key Performance Measures
- Planned and methodical approach to work.
- Achievement of delivering focused, creative successful marketing campaigns that Achieve mutually agreed goals and get talked about.
- Clear and consistent communication and reporting.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with other key team members - Both interior and exterior.
- Positive feedback from heads of department and outside business contacts.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.