IT Infrastructure Cloud and Datacenter Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Engineer will also work closely with other members of the IT infrastructure Cloud and Datacentre team and the Technology executive staff decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective compute and storage solutions. He/she will provide tower leadership in conjunction with the architecture and implementation functions.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Defines, develops, documents and maintains standards, best practices, and deployment frameworks
- Promotes the use of the defined IT standards within UMG business units to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Engages with project teams to develop and agree technical infrastructure solutions for project deployments
- Provides leadership and guidance to other members of the Technology teams
- Lead infrastructure initiatives and projects regarding cloud/datacenter landscape
- Perform hands on implementation services as required
- Serve as technical escalation point from Tech Ops Center L2 resources
- Oversee vendors work efforts on implementations
- Manage technical project review meetings. Ensure project technical designs meet UMG’s operational requirements and are in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards
- Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate
Bring your VIBE:
- BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- AWS, GCP and Linux/ MCSE certifications strongly preferred
- 10 years minimum experience in delivering IT infrastructure and cloud projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams including design/architecture experience.
- Proven ability to deliver key objectives within schedule and budget.
- Strong working knowledge and certification of at least one public cloud provider AWS, Azure and Google
- Strong Infrastructure background
- Produce high-quality documentation, designs, presentations and plans, strategic roadmaps
- Solid understanding/knowledge of implementation and architectural dependencies in globally distributed, redundant, HA and DR enabled configurations, backup/recovery technology
- Solid working knowledge of hardware (SAN's and servers, FC switches, iSCSI, backup appliances and at least two or more vendors (HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco etc.)
- Strong knowledge of deploying and migrating solutions to cloud, VMWare 6.5+, Windows Server, MS SQL, IIS, Linux in clustered, HA, single/multi-tenanted and globally distributed deployments, RDBMS, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- Experience of designing solutions and services, multi-tenanted web applications of scale, exposure to enterprise automation technologies and practices.
- Experience managing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments, especially transition to cloud
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- System performance tuning.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.