Senior Learning & Development Business Partner
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen.Ryder@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As the Senior L&D Business Partner you are accountable for the ‘UMG Corporate’ side of the company, under the supervision of the Head of L&D. You will be responsible for all aspects of L&D, the role involves planning talent strategy; creating, tailoring and delivering content; coaching; mentoring, facilitation; presenting; and consistently bringing new ideas and creativity to the L&D team. This is a true Business Partner role, which utilises a 1 on 1 approach to understand the context around business requirements. This will require working closely with the business, taking a coaching approach to establish the root cause involves of any development required, and delivering the most appropriate solution.
We are looking for a candidate who is committed to keeping open communication across the business, including feeling confident challenging what we are doing and why. This is a visible role that requires a highly proactive approach, requiring a combination of analytical thinking alongside a creative, growth mindset.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- In collaboration with key business stakeholders, the L&D team and the wider HR team: identify, devise, implement and project-manage individual and group development plans, programmes and initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring employees throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Management of the L&D Business Partner for the ‘UMG-Corp’ side of the company, and any other members of the L&D team that may be designated to be managed.
- Consistently taking a consultative approach to understand requirements on both an organisational and individual level, and to drive all development activities through to meaningful outcomes.
- Taking responsibility for L&D budget, implementation of strategy, delivery, outcomes and best practice.
- Ensuring initiative is taken, all work is completed effectively, and others in team are delivering as required.
- Create and develop credible, relevant and engaging content for workshops, programmes and individuals.
- Facilitate and present workshops and development/training programmes.
- L&D/HR professional with proven experience in designing and implementing learning solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to design and deliver development/training sessions at a group level and at a bespoke one on one level.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix organisation.
- ‘Completer-finisher’ mentality: taking personal accountability for delivery.
- Curious to explore fully around every situation/opportunity.
- Constantly analyses ways of working and challenges self and others to improve.
- Listens and proposes a variety of ways to respond to the challenge.
- Reviews trends and makes recommendations.
- Experienced user of a range of psychometric and other tools e.g. Insights Discovery; MBTI etc.
- Experience of working in a Media or Music organisation.
- Graduate level - HR/psychology degree preferred.
- Chartered CIPD qualified.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.