Accounts & Royalty Executive
Have you been looking for the right opportunity to combine your administrative skills and interest in music publishing? If you answered yes, please read on! We have a new position available for an Accounts & Royalty Executive to join the UMPG Malaysia & Singapore team.
- Record royalty cash receipts into our royalty processing system
- Work with the finance to reconcile cash receipts with processed royalties.
- Ensure all new works and contracts are accurately loaded in system
- Ensure the correct entry and reporting of multiple revenue streams
- Follow up on any discrepancies in royalty reporting
- Prepare accurate half-yearly writer royalty statements and ensure accurate payments
- Resolve any duplicate claims and song disputes with writers and management
- Calculate and process advances for writers
- Tracking writer advances to determine triggers for contractual options and payments
- Prepare and submit monthly income schedule to Global Admin office
- Compile and submit income statements to Global Admin office
- Liaising with licensing department for the raising of invoices
- Identify and release works from Suspense Account
- Identify UMPG works from unidentified listing and incomplete song listing given by CMOs
- Ensure all works, cue sheets and contracts are accurately registered with CMOs
- Perform routine checks on high-profile catalogues registered with CMOs
- Obtain acknowledgement (ACK) files from CMOs for each CWR registration
- Review company debtor list and contact customers to inquire of their payment status
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Min 3 years of work experience, music industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong Excel skills and experience working in copyright databases essential
- Analytical and numbers driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task
- Must be self-starter with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment
If this sounds like the role for you, please follow the link to apply now!
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is one of the world’s leading music publishers with offices in 47 countries representing some of the world’s most talented and high profile songwriters and catalogues including:
Adele, Chemical Brothers, The Clash, Coldplay, Beach Boys, Justin Bieber, Neil Diamond, Disclosure, Florence + the Machine, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Billy Joel, Elton John/Bernie Taupin, JOY, Jessica Mauboy, Otis Redding, Peking Duk, Sex Pistols, Paul Simon, Swedish House Mafia, Justin Timberlake, Timmy Trumpet, U2, Keith Urban, Veronicas, M-Phazes, Guy Sebastian, Robin and Maurice Gibb, INXS, The Cure, 360, Mumford and Sons, Vera Blue, Gang of Youths, Bernard Fanning, Lee Kernaghan and many more.