Administrative Assistant, TV/Film
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group’s film and television division, Polygram Entertainment, is seeking an Assistant to support two Vice Presidents of Production & Development. Polygram develops and produces documentary films, scripted features, and scripted & unscripted TV series that are built around the iconic labels, catalogs, music, and musicians of Universal Music Group (the world’s largest music company). Polygram’s recent productions include: Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC); Beastie Boys Story (AppleTV+); The Bee Gees (HBO); Velvet Underground (AppleTV+); The Go Go’s (Showtime).
How you’ll CREATE:
- Phones, scheduling and calendar management, expense reports, organizing incoming and outgoing submissions, maintaining internal grids, script coverage, deck and/or sizzle creation, and research.
- Ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, engaged, proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented multitasker with organizational skills.
- This is an open and collaborative environment, perfect for someone who wants to learn how to be a development exec and/or producer, and who wants to take an active role in the creative development of projects.
Bring your VIBE:
- BA degree preferred
- At least 1 year of prior experience on a desk at an agency, management or production company, or studio required.
- Experience assisting on high-volume desks and/or multiple execs is preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality work under tight schedules.
- Passion for and knowledge of Film, TV and music is a must.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.