Associate Manager Audio Licensing
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of the Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking an Associate Manager of Audio Licensing in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location. UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for the Universal Music Group, the world’s largest music company. UMe spearheads marketing, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the world’s largest music catalog, whose brands and assets include the world’s greatest recording artists. This position will be responsible for research and licensing of reissue requests for UME’s Audio Licensing Division and working with the Business and Legal team and the Finance and Production department.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Research artist agreements in regard to the exploitation of the Universal catalog to be reissued by UME or by third parties.
- Research the Universal catalog to unlock ancillary rights.
- Maintain and organize files including all relevant correspondence
- Maintain relevant files in the computer-based licensing system
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
- Verify the rights to release catalog projects – digital or physical
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- At least 1-2 years working with and understanding artist contracts
- Entertainment/Music experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a law firm or publishing experience, highly preferred
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Must be able to work under time constraints
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to assess and analyze opportunities and issues
- Extremely well organized
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.