Director, Ecommerce, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) is the world’s leading Latin entertainment company with operations in the United States and Mexico. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Marco Antonio Solís, Los Tigres del Norte, Don Omar, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, Café Tacvba, Belanova and Juan Magan, amongst many others. UMLE’s labels include Universal Music Latino, Machete Music, Capitol Latin, Fonovisa, Disa, Universal Music Mexico and GTS, the company’s artist management and booking division.
How we LEAD:
The Director Ecommerce is responsible for strategy, developing and growing UMLE's D2C business and artist offerings in the US and globally. The position will report to the SVP of Commercial and will be based in Miami Beach, FL or Hollywood, CA.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Strategize, build and manage UMLE's ecommerce business.
- Work with the marketing teams and artist management to develop unique and innovative ecommerce offers for new releases and catalog projects.
- Work with the marketing teams and artist management to market products through CRM, social media and advertising.
- Work with the international ecommerce teams and territories to sell UMLE artist's D2C offering in the Latin region and internationally, and of international Latin artists in the US.
- Build relationships with artists and tour managers to develop specific offers such as ticket bundles and other strategies to expand sales.
- Manage the relationship with UMG central ecommerce team and all actors of the ecommerce supply chain.
- Manage ecommerce CRM strategy.
- Manage 1 direct report.
- Review regular performance analysis of projects, market trends and competitive data.
- Regularly share best practices about the marketing and artist teams.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce, entertainment.
- Good understanding of retail products life cycles and fashion trends.
- Knowledge of the physical merchandising industry, production and sourcing, supply chain.
- Strong analytical skills and ability analyze data and draw actionable conclusions.
- Shopify experience a plus or related platform
- Solid written presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and interact with multiple departments across the company.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Bilingual English Spanish.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.