Vice President, Customer Service, eCommerce
Universal Music Group (UMG) seeks a Vice President of Customer Service E-Commerce to work across our clients’ stores to ensure best-in-class E-commerce services are executed for our artists. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to submit ideas and processes for the company to utilize into the future.
We at UMG are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The VP of Customer Service role will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of high-quality service through all customer interactions orders across all ~700+ of our E-commerce shops. The VP must ensure the lasting impression and positive impact on the artists brand from that interaction and the continuous improvement of that experience to make sure UMG is delivering world class service to its artist’s fans.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Set roadmap, strategy and vision for the organization to create excellent customer experiences through Email, Phone, Chat, SMS, Social media, self-service and other innovative technology and automation solutions.
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer satisfaction as measured through NPS and Operations Score on a weekly basis. Oversight of support quality provided by UMG’s customer Representatives.
- Continuously build brand loyalty and retain customers with an aim to reduce difficult experiences for consumers.
- Develop effective D2C sales strategies to drive revenue deploying best practices that include cross-selling and up-selling.
- Collaborate with Cross functional teams to align and improve the customer journey and service experience. Inspire customer first mindset and prioritization into the release planning process
- Partner with UMG’s technology teams to create and deliver on a road map that will help improve the customer experience and reduce contacts by proactively communicating the wants and needs of the customers and allowing them to self-service or contact us in their desired format
- Lead Customer Service and Order Management teams developing a quality first, agile and results driven team culture
- Help to improve the customer care organizations access to timely information for transparent accurate and quick problem resolution by partnering with production and store operations teams
- Assure successful open order tracking, management and issue resolution identifying systemic problems and creating solutions to prevent
- Rework and create new store and service policies that are optimized for positive customer experience
- Lead effective performance and partnerships between Customer Care Leaderships across department operations, work force management, strategy, development, and analytics
- Develop successful relationship and engagement with outsourced staffing partners
- Deliver reporting to the business on performance including KPI’s, real time issue escalation and trends.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 10 years E-commerce Customer Service Leadership experience; global experience preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and extremely collaborative with other team members; knows how to leverage knowledge of those around them to effectively manage the end-to-end process with the customer
- Continuous improvement mindset with proven abilities to enhance business process, drive revenue and increase customer satisfaction
- Strong analytics skills and ability to make data-driven decisions
- In depth understanding of technology, ecommerce and supply chain
- Understanding of operation management and inventory management systems
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Works well under pressure
- Able to meet tight timelines and strict deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Flexible and adaptive; ability to quickly and calmly react to changing artist & label needs and deadlines.
- Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or a related field
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.