Senior Manager, Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join the Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy team as Senior Manager, Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience working directly with digital creators and across digital platforms. This role will ideate and fully execute campaigns and activations across UMG’s extensive roster of talent, employing popular and emerging platforms to build and strengthen fan communities and consumer awareness globally. This role will report to the EVP, Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead digital marketing and social campaigns from the idea stage through execution and implementation.
- Meet KPIs, expand artist reach, and build long-term and loyal fan communities across YouTube, TikTok, Discord, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and additional key platforms.
- Leverage new and preexisting relationships with digital creators and media companies to build and advance content partnerships.
- Create new opportunities tied to social platforms and eCommerce
- Provide creative direction for digital campaigns and activations across UMG’s partners and roster of talent that promote songs, albums, music videos, merchandise, digital goods/experiences, and more.
- Manage UMG Discord servers by developing rules, guidelines, and moderation standards.
- Facilitate the appointment of trusted moderators across Discord servers and ensure that servers promote all relevant releases and social channels to heighten buzz and awareness.
- Oversee copy across artist social channels to ensure cohesive messaging and active links that reroute to the correct content. Ensure all territory-specific messaging is correctly incorporated across social channels.
- Keep abreast of the latest emerging platforms to optimize promotional opportunities and explore new content types.
- Work directly with artists, creatives, management teams, and internal stakeholders with varying levels of expertise to effectively articulate social strategies.
- Track performance of campaigns and activations in real time and adapt based on data.
- Conduct comprehensive reports upon completion of all campaigns and activations to establish key takeaways and best practices for driving consumer interest across segments.
- Review the content associated with all campaigns and activations prior to release to ensure quality and alignment with agreed upon terms or standards.
- Plan all campaigns and activations in alignment with approved budgets and timelines.
- Incorporate extensive knowledge of consumer trends and user habits into all strategies.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3+ years of experience as a social media or digital partner account manager or specialist, preferably at a media/entertainment company or in a related industry.
- Must be passionate about social media and excited about the tools available across platforms for engaging consumers globally.
- Must possess both a creative imagination and proficiency with the parameters of all relevant social platforms in order to advise creators and additional stakeholders.
- Previously established relationships with platform heads, product teams, programmers, and creators preferred.
- Experience with owning or running successful or viral social media accounts and servers preferred.
- Must be proficient with Keynote and Microsoft Office apps, namely PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp, and the like.
- Experience managing projects from initial development to completion.
- Experience writing copy that conveys relevant information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Must be passionate about creative promotional opportunities across media formats and content types.
- Must thrive in a team environment but also have the ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must understand and exhibit interest in emerging technologies.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively with numerous simultaneous projects, and work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communication, Media Studies, or related field preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.