Accounting & Financial Reporting- Associate Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Latin America (UMLA) is the regional hub of leading Latin entertainment companies in Latin America. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including J Balvin, Karol G, Jhay Cortez, Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Los Tigres del Norte, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, amongst many others. UMLE’s labels include Universal Music Latino, Fonovisa, Disa, and GTS, the company’s artist management division.
The position is for the Latin America Regional Corporate Office and will report to Director Accounting & Finance and support the CFO..
How you'll CREATE:
- Accounting close and quarterly forecast of Latin America Headquarter
- Developing and preparing reports for monthly financial and operational analytical review of the region (Latin America and Iberia – 10 operating companies)
- Reviewing and analyzing financial information from Opcos and providing variances analysis and reporting (ie Volume/mix/artists profitability sales reviews, variance analysis, Balance Sheet Reviews, etc); providing conclusions and highlighting issues and providing recommendations.
- Prepare financial management reports for senior Regional management as indicated including monthly financial executive summaries and power point presentations
- Work in special and ad hoc projects as indicated; including P&L analysis and projections for business deals.
- Compliance supervision/Project Management with Operating Companies of the region for:
- Internal Controls and Compliance (SOX)
- Accounting/Outsourcing Company
- External Audits and Tax compliance
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong Accounting and Financial reporting and analysis skills. Music and/or Entertainment experience and having worked with Latin America and/or Spain a plus.
- 3-5 years experience including public accounting and/or internal audit experience or controllership, financial/accounting analysis experience, preferably with Latin America
- Fluency in English and Spanish, with Portuguese a plus (both written and spoken). Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self- starter, being able to manage multiple tasks and work independently, intellectual curiosity a must, flexibility and adaptability to various cultural environments and situations.
- College degree in accounting and/or finance. CPA certification or equivalent certification is a plus.
- Accounting/Reporting systems: HFM, SAP
- Travelling: 5-10%
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.